download the template
There are three parts to this ESOP that you need to download and complete. We have made them available in Word and PDF versions.
- ESOP deed: Word version | PDF version
- ESOP offer letter: Word version | PDF version
- ESOP resolutions: Word version | PDF version
about this template
This is a template for a smaller employee share scheme. If you are looking for a larger employee share scheme, you could use our template employee share option plan that uses global terms. By having a global set of terms, you avoid individual deeds being completed for, and signed by, all recipients. This approach is more familiar to overseas investors.
This can be used when a company wishes to issue options to purchase shares in the company to an employee. This is a simple template – there are no good leaver/bad leaver provisions, nor does it provide for options to vest as KPIs are achieved.
This share option deed is for use when the company wishes to issue options to an employee in reliance on the exclusion for employee share purchase schemes under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (FMCA). Please do not use this deed if your offer is not covered by the share purchase scheme exclusion under the FMCA.
Briefly, to qualify for the employee share purchase scheme exclusion under the FMCA, the company must meet the following requirements:
- the offer must be made as part of the employee’s remuneration, or in connection with their employment or engagement
- the primary purpose of the offer must not be to raise funds for the company
- the company must limit the number of shares and/or options issued under the scheme in any 12 month period to 10% of the total number of shares on issue.
using our templates